Saturday 16 August 2014

'Don't let a exam result define your life.'


Hey guys!
I really thought that it was important for me to talk about exam results. Over the past few days lots of students have received their results. There will be some very happy students and some students which are very disappointed.

I really struggled with school, especially around the time of my GCSE exams and I was near to the point of not going to school any more as I hated it so much. However, I decided to keep going to prove to everyone that I could complete school and finally get out of the education system.

Its nearly a year ago that I received my GCSE results and when opening the letter I was really confident that I had received good results as I did work hard and I did try my best. However, when I opened the piece of paper I was very disappointed and I remember the day very clearly, I remember thinking why did I even bother continue going to a place which I hated so much just to get some grades. I had got my hopes up to achieve 6 B'S and 4 C's. I didn't achieve any of my target grades as I received at least a grade under each of my predicted. In the end I worked out that I achieved 6 C's and 4 D's. I came home and I cried for the whole day. I was very disappointed and I felt like I had let my parents and grandparents down. However, luckily I did get the grades to attend the sixth form which I wanted to attend. I decided to take Level 3 Health and Social Care and Level 3 Business. My predicted grades for these subjects were Merits and I seriously didn't think that I would be able to achieve this. However, I worked so hard and kept at it and I smashed my targets which meant that I ended up achieving a Distinction in Business and a Distinction*  in Health and Social Care

What I am trying to say is that you should never, ever let an exam result define your life. If you didn't get the grades you wanted, you will be upset but you should still be determined to achieve your dream job. You can do it! It may take a little longer but that little longer but it will be worth it. If a college turns you down then just take that on the shoulders. You can always apply for other colleges. Show that you are motivated and determined! Prove the colleges that turned you down wrong, show them that they should have taken you. In this day you can achieve your dream job. You just need to be motivated and work hard. GCSE's are important but if you do fail just remember that you can retake them.

YOU can do it! Just remember that 'Hard Work + Dedication + Motivation' is the equation as Dazzle explains.

Sammie
x

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for nominating me for the Liebster award, you can read my answers here: http://sherbetlemonsandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/liebster-award-4-and-5.html
    :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries sweet. Love your answers & I love Sherbet Lemons too!
    You have an amazing blog. :)
    Sammie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this message is so important, thank you so much for sharing this post, I really enjoyed reading it. I don't know whether its your thing but I''d love it if you did the Favourites tag that I've recently done over on my blog? I'll leave a link so that you can look at the questions and see what you think but I'd love to read your answers xox

    http://pinkcupcake7.blogspot.com/2014/10/my-favourite-things-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you enjoyed this post :)! I just looked at your blog & I love your favourites tag. I'll make sure to complete it in my next post :) xx

      Delete